The House of Peace opened in 1968 as a storefront outreach ministry for St. Francis Parish in Milwaukee. With the hard work of Bros. Matthew Gottschalk, Wilbert Lanser, and Booker Ashe, this outreach became a community center to meet the needs of the community, with both direct assistance as well as advocacy and life skills.
Over the years, the House of Peace has expanded to meet the needs of the growing needs. Services such as legal help, free clinical check-ups, teen leadership programs, as well as cultural and spiritual programs are offered.
House of Peace
1702 W. Walnut St.
Milwaukee, WI 53205